Extensive modifications took place during the 17th and 18th centuries which transformed it into a magnificent house.
The house and its grounds were bought by Sir Alexander Grant in 1924. Three generations of his descendants currently live on the estate, the latest being the sixth generation of Sir Alexander’s family to live at Logie.
Alexander Grant was the son of a guard on the Highland Railway. He was born and educated in nearby Forres. Apprenticed to a local baker he progressed to Edinburgh where he worked for Robert McVitie eventually becoming Chairman of the biscuit business. He developed the Digestive Biscuit and opened factories in Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a wealthy man and a generous benefactor, buying Forres House and grounds (now Grant Park) for the town of Forres, and paying for improvements to Nairn Harbour.
After buying Logie in 1924 (in the same year that he was created a Baronet), Sir Alexander renovated Logie House and built the sandstone farm buildings.