House of Moy stands on the site of an old construction suspected to have been an early Moy church site. The current house having been designed by J Adam.
The house was owned by the Campbells of Cawdor but bought by Major George
Grant in 1733 and rebuilt by Sir Ludovic Grant of Castle Grant in 1762-3. It later passed to the Grants of Shewglie (Glenurquhart) and Glenmorriston. Col. Hugh Grant of the family of Shewglie purchased the estate from Sir James Grant of Grant in 1775. The estate then passed to James Murray Grant of Glenmoriston, and later to his son, Capt. John Grant, younger of Glenmoriston. These purchases resulted in the property being owned by three different branches of the Clan Grant at various times in the 18th century.